As we look at closing the door on 2019 for a well-earned break I thought it would be good to reflect on some of the highlights of the year.
- Fred Logue featured in the TG4 documentary, Uchtú, helping broadcaster Evanne Ní Chuilinn access information about her adoption and early life
- We highlighted issues with widespread police access to personal data and the responsibilities of data controllers when approached by the police
- Throughout the year we reminded everyone that data protection is not necessarily about privacy.
- In May we succeeded in ensuring that a social welfare claimant got their benefit without having to register for the Public Services Card.
- Finally you can read about the many ground breaking cases that we were involved in and about the coverage of our work in the media
Looking forward to more of the same in 2020!